Monday, December 22, 2014

I got my sewing mojo back, and a new sewing table!

 So I have the most amazing husband ever! Yes, I do! Take a look at what he made us. I say us because he sews with me. He is as much invested in this as I am. This table cost us $35 for the wheels. We just need to add a small magnet to keep the bottom drawer closed as it is not leveled 100% due to the wheels. This replaces the old table we used with the risers. This looks much more professional, organized and clean. If we were to buy a table for organizing and sewing it would cost a fortune. This was FREE!


 Simon got from his work some old cabinets. He screwed the 3 cabinets together and put wheels on them. They are the perfect height for working on patterns or material! NO bending over. Seeing as this room serves multiple functions I wanted to be able to move it out of the way temporarily. We used swivel wheels so it is easy to move anywhere.







The bottom 3 drawers are file folder drawers. I am using the middle one for all my patterns. They are so deep the one drawer holds all my patterns, including the Jalie patters which are huge. I need to organize a little more, but with 2 active kids bouncing around us, this is the best we can get for this weekend!


 The left storage and the right storage bin has to be organized better. I need to roll my fabric or something. I am Googling ways to store fabric to find the best one for us. Here's a thought, sew up everything and stop buying more fabric. DUH!







 The middle cubicle we put our 2 storage organizers that holds all our scissors, elastics, etc...

The drawer on top of this holds my utensils, pencils, tracing paper, etc...
So I got my sewing mojo back. I modified the PJ pattern and lengthened the pants for Tyler. He now has a new pair of sweat pants. I will probably make him another pair today. And I told Simon that I want another Christmas dress from the sparkly fabric we bought last year. We have the pattern already made, so it is a matter of cutting it up and doing it! 

Simon finished the Lego star wars pants for Tyler. We used the Medium when he was still a small, but with length added. He reduced and reduced and reduced.

It feels really good to get back into it! Happy sewing! Let me know what types of creative ways you have used to create your own sewing spaces!

**Update **
I have a great way to roll up my fabric and keep it in place. I roll up the fabric and store them in transparent bins. I can see the fabric in the bin, and I can open it up and see more. I have 3 of these, but the 3rd one is too wide to fit beside the 2 other ones. Not bad for 1 day and 0$ investments.

I have since made 2 3 pairs of sweat pants for the boys, woo hoo! And I used a new pattern as well! It is not quite new, it is from the 80's. A pattern that was given to me. A singer couture pattern.

1 comment: