Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dedicated, uninterrupted sewing time is a luxury these days


My sewing instructor informed me 2 weeks ago that there may not be a Spring session for Friday evenings. I spoke with Simone as we had decided that I did not need to take another sewing class this spring session. My last sewing class will be April 26th. With this date LOOMING ahead I got to imagining what the next few months would be like. I find it rather difficult to get 3 hours of uninterrupted sewing time for myself at home. I have 2 young boys (19 months and 5 yrs old) who are rather active. For those of you who have young children, you will understand my dilemma. I want the quiet time, the reflection time, and the dedicated time. These 3 hours are precious to me. It allows me to work on my projects in an environment where I can concentrate, where there are no distractions. I love that and I do not know if I can give it up.

I took to the internet to find another sewing class. Perhaps I want a newer challenge. One where the class is structured, one where I can build my sewing techniques. Perhaps lingerie or bathing suits. Club Tissue offers a bathing suit course, but it has already started. They do have a class on Tissue Extensible (stretch material) but I already know how to make leggings, shirts and a skirt. I would like to perhaps make lingerie. Va-Va-Voom! The problem is that these courses are in Laval, at 18h30. I live in Pincourt, off-Island westward = 2 bridges to cross at rush hour = MAJOR TRAFFIC.

I have 2 kids at 2 different daycares to pick up, go home, start dinner, wait for hubby, UGHHHHH But if it is for 5 weeks it is something maybe I can deal with. Maybe.

All of this uncertainty has made me anxious. I enjoy my sewing time and I am not ready to give it up. I cannot find any classes in my area, and I am at a loss of what to do. Simon suggested that I do take the next session, if it is available. Do any of you know of any sewing classes in the West end? Given in the evenings or weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment