During my vacation I wanted to make a pretty dress that I could wear to my Friday evening sewing class. I picked up 3 meters of a beautiful sparkly stretchy material at $1.50 a meter from Tissus Mayda . It was such a beautiful material, it caught our eyes right away when we went in there. We were shopping for drapery tape, but Simon saw this material and he wanted me to make a dress with it. So eager am I to please!
I have had this pattern for a while and did not know which fabric to use with it. The model looks like a pole that is leaning a bit too far forward, but don't let that stop you!
I chose view D, with the scoop neck and longer length. I serged the seams together, but forgot about installing the elastic. I did a really really silly move and messed up the stitches I was SOOOO mad and I thought it was ruined. I used a proper stretch stitch and I did not think I would be able to take out my seams.
I put bias tape on the neck and sleeves. It added a nice touch to the dress and snazzied it up.
I tried on the dress and decided that the length was nice below the knees. We looked at the different hem lengths and decided that below the knees was best suited.