Sunday, March 31, 2013

Kwik Sew 3484 - Men's shirt

For my first shirt I chose Kwik sew's 3484. This is the shirt that launched a $2500 purchase, my Janome 8200. I started out using my Singer Esteem with dismal results. All my work during a 3 hour class had to be redone. What a waste of a class. But I did get a kick butt machine afterwards!

Men's shirts have collar, short sleeves, and side hemline slits. View A has breast pocket. View B has contrast right front inset and breast pocket with contrast band at top edge. View C has contrast center panels.

 We chose view A for our first go. Simon had gotten me a gift card for Valentine's day for Fabricville and I picked up a beautiful baby blue linen look fabric on mega sale. I really wanted this to be done in time for Easter Weekend dinner. It is 1pm and it is done. Wow! And I got his jeans done in a size small (second try at sizing).

 This is a nice casual shirt. The buttons were easy to make, especially with my Janome, it was all automated!
The front pocket was a but mangled, but that was the Singer's fault, not mine at all, no. 
 The side slit was easier that I thought to do.
 It was interesting working with 1/4 inch seam allowance.
I really like this color. It scream EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment