Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jalie 2566: Modify for medium and long dress


In our sewing class, Simon and I learned how to modify the shirt pattern to make a dress. The pattern for the regular shirt has a high neckline and is obviously shorter than a dress.

This was a fun pattern to modify. We have made all kinds of necks, V necks, mock turtlenecks,  scoop neck. I have modified the sleeves, full, short, 3/4. Now we made it into a medium and long dress.
 We took the shirt pattern and made it longer for a dress. Instead of making a pattern to fit my curves, we cut straight,

Once sewed, I tried the dress on inside out. Simon pinned the dress and marked my measurements. He REALLY liked this part. 


We then used the curved ruler to trace the measurements, and left our seam allowances. 

I cut the material to the seam allowances and sewed it.


















And this is the result:

Modified scoop neck, 3/4 sleeves, length, and Chanel neck binding:




We also made this dress in a longer version with 3/4 sleeves and scoop neck:






No comments:

Post a Comment